The Catalog is slow to process information, or generate some types of files, such as budgets, reports, XML, etc.
IMPORTANT: the situation does not occur with all projects, nor with all items.
Why does it happen?
The situation can happen for several reasons:
- The performance of the equipment or its components such as the video card, driver, and processor are not functioning properly.
- Multiple processes running simultaneously.
- Project with a large number of items.
- Internet connection instability
- Network generated files
- Item registration
What to do?
1. Check your computer requirements
Make sure that your computer's requirements meet the specifications that Promob needs for it to perform correctly.
IMPORTANT: Promob receives constant updates, and your computer must keep up with this process.
2. Check processes that are running on your computer
Processes that are running on your computer simultaneously can interfere with Promob's performance. To do this:
- Close other programs that are open on your computer, and run only Promob.
- Compare whether Promob performed better than before. If possible, test the same situation on another computer to compare performance. Or, check some issues regarding general slowness in Promob.
3. Review the project items
Review the number of items in the project: the more items that are in the project, the more time it will take to process the information.
- Make a test generating the same information, but in a project with a smaller amount of items inserted in the environment.
4. Check Internet connection
Since some information is generated using external services, the speed of the Internet connection can interfere with processing time.
- Check the speed of your internet connection, and if possible perform some tests with another connection, where the speed is higher.
5. Evaluate the files generated on the network
The files generated in network, can cause slowness due to the transfer of files in your internal network.
- Generate the same files in a local folder on your computer, for example on your Desktop.
6. Review the registration of items
Some information registered in specific items requires more processing time, such as events, removal options, assemblers, conditions, etc.
Perform tests with other similar modules from the library to make a comparison. If you identify a slower speed with a specific module/item, it will be necessary to review its registration, following the procedures below:
- Find item causing the situation: identify if it is a Module, a Model, or an Aggregate that is causing the situation. For this, we recommend some tests:
- Try to reproduce the situation with other similar items in the library, for example with other Modules, Templates, Single Parts, etc.
- If it is an item composed of other items, try to reproduce the situation with its components, inserting them individually in the project, for example, sides, doors, accessories, etc.
- Through the Module Editor in the Catalog, you can uncheck some of the Aggregates, and after that, redo the tests. This can make it easier to find the level of the record where the item causing the situation is found.
2. Review item registration: once you have isolated the item, you can start to review it in the master data record:
- If possible, test the same item on a previous version of the library. If the operation is correct in the previous version, compare the entries between the two versions.
- Review some of the information in the item master data, analyzing if the links are correct:
1. In the References.
2. In Attributes.
3. In the Removal Options
4. In the Conditions of Visibility of Aggregates.
If you do not identify the information that is causing this situation based on the recommendations above, an internal review of the library is required. In this case, please contact Promob Technical Support so that we can debug the mentioned item with Development, or so that the issue can be directed to a Consulting job.