Through the Wall Editor it is possible to import the floor plan of the space to serve as guide in the construction of the walls. Importing a floor plan as a reference can be done through a DXF file or an image:
Import DXF from floor plan
Only what is visible in the design at the time of import will be imported.
- Importing the file supports the following entities: ARC, LINE, CIRCLE and LWPOLYLINE
- The file to be imported must be saved in the 2007 version of AutoCad
- Promob does not read solid drawings and lines
1. Access the File - Import menu and select Import Reference Blueprint. Or, on the Wall Editor screen, select Import Reference Floor Plan.
2. Locate and select the DXF file to be imported and click Open.
3. Perform the settings:
Layers: just leave the layer you are going to import on, using the On and Off buttons. Each layer is specified with a unique color in the list, and that color is also displayed in the preview.
File: displays the location where the imported file is saved. You can select another file by clicking the Open button.
Preview: displays a preview of the plan used as a reference.
Scale: select the unit of measurement that was used to create the wall design in the 3D modeling software.
4. Click OK to view the plan preview in the graphics area of the editor.
5. Start building walls according to the imported plan.
Import floor plan image
1. Access the File - Import menu and select Import Reference Blueprint Image. Or, on the Wall Editor screen, select Import Image from Reference Floor Plan.
2. Locate and select the image file to be imported and click Open.
3. To define the scale (relationship between the size of the plan image and the size of the design space in Promob) click on two points of a wall segment. Click on the first point, drag the mouse to the second point and click again. Then, click OK.
4. Use the Pan and Zoom tools to better visualize the image of the reference plan and start building the walls.
IMPORTANT: as the image of the plan is treated as a reference for the construction of the walls, it is necessary to adjust the dimensions of the walls according to the real space.
While the design is open, the imported image will be displayed in the Wall Editor, in case it is necessary to build other wall segments.