Catalog and Promob unexpectedly close when trying to insert or edit some item in the environment, or when trying to budget for a specific project.
IMPORTANT: This situation does not occur with all projects.
Why does it happen?
Generally this behavior is caused by cyclical information in the registration of some item, which makes it impossible to find the necessary information, causing the system to loop and terminating its execution.
What to do?
1. Find item causing the situation
Identify if it is a Module, a Model, or an Aggregate that is causing the situation. For this, we recommend some tests:
- Try to reproduce the situation with other similar items in the library, for example with other Modules, Templates, Single Parts, etc.
- If it is an item composed of other items, try to reproduce the situation with its components, inserting them individually in the project, for example, sides, doors, accessories, etc.
- Through the Module Editor in the Catalog, you can uncheck some of the Aggregates, and after that, redo the tests. This can make it easier to find the level of the record where the item causing the situation is found.
2. Review item registration
Once you have isolated the item, you can start to review it in the master data record:
- If possible, test the same item on a previous version of the library. If the operation is correct in the previous version, compare the entries between the two versions.
- If it is an item with Aggregates, check if in any of the levels there is an Aggregate that has the same ID as its parent module.
3. Analyze if the links are correct
Review some of the information in the item master data, analyzing if the links are correct:
1. In the References.
2. In Attributes.
3. In the Removal Options
4. In the Conditions of Visibility of Aggregates.
4. Review the library
If you do not identify the information that is causing this situation based on the recommendations above, an internal review of the library is required. In this case, please contact Promob Technical Support so that we can debug the mentioned item with Development, or so that the issue can be directed to a Consulting job.