Geometry is a resource widely used to create objects and parts of the environment, such as finishes, tops, recesses, irregular shapes, among others. Its use is diversified due to the needs of each project combined with the creativity of the user, who finds in this resource a powerful ally in the construction of objects that do not exist in the Promob libraries.
After building the geometries in the design, their dimensions and formats can be changed using the Geometry Editor. This editor makes it easier to edit the shape and profile of any geometry, as the two tools are centralized in one. In addition, the editor has the option of printing the edited geometry, which makes it possible to open a printing document and start documentation of the geometry in question.
To access the Geometry Editor:
- Click on the geometry with the right mouse button and select the Edit Geometry option;
- The Geometry Editor window is displayed;
Through the movement and insertion of vertices it is possible to define the shape of the geometry built in the design.
The features of the Shape Editor are:
IMPORTANT: For information on importing and exporting DXF attached to the geometry, click here. This option is available as of version 184.108.40.206
- How to change the parent plane of the geometry?
- On the floor of the 3D space, two geometries were constructed, geometry 1 and geometry 2, respectively. Geometry 2 is a child of geometry 1, which in turn is a child of the floor. Thus, geometry 2 was built on the plane of geometry 1, which was built on the floor plane;
- In the Shape Editor, the geometries and the floor plan are displayed. If necessary, use the Zoom tool to view the entire preview;
- Select one of the geometries. In this example, geometry 2 has been selected. Note that below geometry 2, geometry 1 with its yellow outline is displayed. This yellow outline indicates the parent plane of a geometry, that is, geometry 1 is the parent of geometry 2;
- Note that when moving geometry 2, its parent plane remains geometry 1;
- To change the parent plane of the geometry, when moving it, check this option in the Shape Editor;
- After checking the option, note that when moving geometry 2, its parent plane becomes the plane on which it was positioned. In this example, geometry 2, previously the daughter of geometry 1, has now become the daughter of the floor plane, as it is this plane that is displayed with a yellow outline.
The profile edit option is used to define a shape for the edge of the geometry built into the design.
The features of the Profile Editor are:
- How to apply profile?
- Select one of the saved profile options;
- Define the faces of the geometry where the profile will be applied;
- How to edit profile?
- Add and / or move the vertices of the profile. Move the intermediate points to create curves;
- Define the faces of the geometry where the profile will be applied.
- How to transfer the geometry profiles to other computers?
To transfer the configured profiles to other computers:
- With Promob closed, access Local Disk (C:) \ ProgramData \ Procad \ Promob (Manufacturer Name). NOTE: The ProgramData folder is a hidden folder, if it is not already displayed click here;
- Locate the Profiles folder and save it to a storage device so that you can copy it to the other computer;
- On the computer where you want to insert the new profiles, access the same directory mentioned above, paste the Profiles folder.