When creating a design many ideas come up to meet the customer's need. With this, we often need to present more than one variation of the designed environment.
In response to this need, the Save As New Option tool allows the creation of versions of the design, without the need to duplicate it, to facilitate changes to designs.
Check how it works:
1. On the initial screen of Promob, while the project is being created or when it is being created, the Save As New Option button is already available.
2. In Promob, go to the menu File - Save As New Option.
3. It is also possible to access by clicking on the Save icon.
4. If the project has not been saved previously, the following message appears:
5. Click on Save.
6. It is not possible to save a new option until the project finishes saving, and the following message should appear:
7. After the project is saved, the following screen appears to complete the saving process.
- Option Name: in this field, the name of the new project option should be provided.
- Base Option: select in this tab which option the project should be copied from. In the example below, it is displaying the first option of the project, the Standard option.
- Set as Active: check this checkbox to activate the created option, so that this version of the project will open when clicking on the project on the initial screen of the Connect tool.
8. Click on OK.
After clicking OK, the Options screen loads the original first option of the project, the Standard option, and the option that was created with the specified name.
On the Options screen, when hovering over one of the options, you can do some actions:
- Set an option as active;
- Open the design;
- Rename option;
Check that it will be possible to identify through the green arrow which design has been defined as Active.
When the user creates an option or has an option with a different name than Default, the active option will appear in the list of the designs, next to the design name.
When requesting the opening of the design, it will load the design marked as an active option.
How does it work in practice?
Here we will bring an example, where, starting from a design called Guest Room, the need arose to make a second option of the guest room design, in which there will be cabinets. Therefore, it is necessary to access the Options screen and add a second option named: With cabinet.
After that, the Options screen with the Standard option is loaded, that is, the design without cabinets already created. And the option With cabinets, which should receive the next changes and that cabinets will be inserted.
By default, the Guest Room design is the Active option, and the option is called Standard. If you want to open the With cabinet design directly, it must be checked as an Active option to be displayed in the list of designs on the Promob home screen.
After creating the new option, automatically when opening the design With cabinet, it will load the same information present in the Guest Room design, ready to receive the new changes.
Below is an example of the two completed design versions. Identify that the Guest Room design appears as Standard, and when opening the design With cabinet in the Options tool, the file already contains an inserted cabinet.