When creating a project many ideas come up to meet the customer's need. With this, we often need to present more than one variation of the designed environment.
In response to this need, the Options tool allows the creation of versions of the design, without the need to duplicate it, to facilitate changes to designs.
Check how it works:
1. On the Promob home screen, within the Connect tool, keep the design you want to create a new option selected;
2. Access the Design Details page;
3. Access the Options tool;
- In the design line, it is also possible to select the icon Create a new option
4. The original design option, called Standard, is loaded by default;
5. Click the Add button to create a new design option
After selecting the Add button, a screen is loaded requesting the following information:
- Option name: in this field, the name of the new design option must be informed.
- Base option: select in this tab which option the project should be copied. The example below, it is displaying the first option in the design, the Default option.
- Set as active: select this check box to activate the created option, so that this project version is opened by clicking on the project in the Connect tool's initial screen.
6. Click on OK.
After clicking OK, in the Options screen, the first original option of the design will be loaded, the Standard option, and the option that was created with the specified name.
On the Options screen, when hovering over one of the options, you can do some actions:
- Set an option as active;
- Open the design;
- Rename option;
Check that it will be possible to identify through the green arrow which design has been defined as Active.
When the user creates an option or has an option with a different name than Default, the active option will appear in the list of the designs, next to the design name.
When requesting the opening of the design, it will load the design marked as an active option.
How does it work in practice?
Here we will bring an example, where, starting from a design called Guest Room, the need arose to make a second option of the guest room design, in which there will be cabinets. Therefore, it is necessary to access the Options screen and add a second option named: With cabinet.
After that, the Options screen with the Standard option is loaded, that is, the design without cabinets already created. And the option With cabinets, which should receive the next changes and that cabinets will be inserted.
By default, the Guest Room design is the Active option, and the option is called Standard. If you want to open the With cabinet design directly, it must be checked as an Active option to be displayed in the list of designs on the Promob home screen.
After creating the new option, automatically when opening the design With cabinet, it will load the same information present in the Guest Room design, ready to receive the new changes.
Below is an example of the two completed design versions. Identify that the Guest Room design appears as Standard, and when opening the design With cabinet in the Options tool, the file already contains an inserted cabinet.