Through the Promob Services Portal, it is possible to manage the licenses of the products. This procedure allows identifying if each Serial Number is activated on the correct computer, it is also possible to check if there was an exchange of licenses between computers, in addition to controlling the activations carried out.
To manage licenses:
1. Consult the Serial Number activated on each computer through the Help - About menu;
2. To consult the computer name, access the menu Help - Support - Computer information - Machine name;
IMPORTANT: The procedures in this documentation are exclusive to the Manufacturer user. If you do not have a Manufacturer user, view the procedures for retailers and professionals. For more information, click here.
Click on one of the information below to directly access your question:
How do I access the license management page?
To access the license management page:
1. Access the Promob Services Portal;
2. If you have more than one account on the Portal, on the right side of the window, click on the name of the current account and select the account you want to access;
3. Click on the Manufacturer - Manage Licenses menu;
4. Use the filters to locate the licenses;
5. Click on the Serial Number to see the information.
How to export license information?
To export license information:
1. Click Export Results;
2. After the file is generated, click Download. IMPORTANT: the download option will only be visible while the page in question is open.
How to lock the license?
Suspending a license implies interrupting the use of Promob for a certain period of time, defined by the Manufacturer. Terminating a license means discontinuing the use of Promob, i.e., the license cannot be released again for use.
A license suspended by the Manufacturer cannot be used or updated. The charge of subscription renews is canceled for as long as the license is suspended. When the license is terminated, the license is permanently deactivated, as well as the charge of subscription renews.
The main difference between suspending and terminating a license to use Promob refers to the later use of the license, because when you terminate a license, it cannot be used again, and you must purchase a new license.
The suspension of a license may occur when a retailer has some pending issue with the factory. As this pendency can be temporary, the license can be released for use again. The termination of a license can occur when the retailer is no longer a customer of the factory. Thus, the Manufacturer can terminate its licenses so that they are no longer used.
IMPORTANT: this procedure can only be performed by a user who has the Manufacturer profile.
To request a license lock:
1. Click on the Serial Number you wish to block. Click on one of the options:
- Suspend: suspend the use of the license for a period. Enter the reason for the suspension and click Save;
- Terminate: terminates the use of the license permanently. Read the instructions and, if you agree, check the option Li and I want to end the customer's contract. Enter the reason for closing and click Save;
How to unlock the license?
For how to unlock the license:
- Only Promob licenses that have been suspended can be unlocked;
- This procedure can only be performed by a user who has the Manufacturer profile.
1. Click on the Serial Number you want to unlock and click on Release;
2. When you unlock a license, it becomes an active license again.
How to consult the reason for license blocking?
To query the reason for license blocking:
1. Click on the Serial Number you wish to query.
License with Tolerance Period status
- This situation is represented by the orange color;
- It means that the license is expired, but the grace period (five days) has not expired yet. The customer is able to use the license normally in this period, but you need to keep an eye on until which date the license can still be used.
- When you click on the Information symbol next to the status, the following message will be displayed explaining the status of the license and up to which date it will be possible to use it:
License with Expired status
- This situation is represented by the color red.
- It may mean that the license is pending;
- It may mean that the license has been suspended by the Manufacturer;
- It may mean that the license subscription has been canceled;
- It may mean that the license subscription has expired;
- When you click on the Information symbol next to the status, the following message will be displayed explaining the license status: