When starting the update of Promob, the message "Unable to connect to the server. Check the connection and try again.".
Why does it happen?
The situation may occur because it was not possible to establish a connection from the user's computer to the update server due to the following reasons:
- The user's Internet connection is not ok;
- Promob's Internet connection is not ok;
- The user's connection has an Internet access limiter, such as a proxy, firewall, antivirus, among others, which is blocking the update;
- Malicious software installed on the computer prevents the connection to the Promob server, and consequently the Promob update.
What to do?
- Check your Internet connection. To proceed with the update, the computer must be connected to the Internet.
- Access the Control Panel - Programs and Features. Check the list of programs to see if Infonaut, IntelliTerm, Istartsurf, Link Wiz, McafeeWebAdvisor, Phrase Finder, Quick Ref, SuperClick, TermBlazer, TermCoach, WordAnchor, Wordinator, WordFly or any other malicious programs are installed. If installed, it is necessary to remove them from the computer.
- Make sure that the MacAfee antivirus is installed on the computer. This antivirus can block the Promob update.
- Restart the update process.
- Delete the temporary files from Promob Update
- Restart the update process using the Promob root folder (Local Disk (C:)\Program Files\Promob\Promob (Manufacturer's Name)\Program\bin\Update\PromobUpdate.exe).
- Check for the presence of Internet limiters, such as a proxy, firewall, antivirus, which may be blocking the connection to the Promob server at the time of the update / download.