To save leftovers, proceed as follows:
1. With the Cut Plan menu selected, click the Save Leftovers button:
- When clicking the Save leftovers button, the following window will be enabled:
Minimum dimension (in millimeters)
- Through these two fields it is possible to define as minimum dimensions for a part to be considered as a leftover;
- For example, when leftovers with a width less than 350 and height less than 400 are not valid for your factory/joinery when placing these values in the indicated fields, only the leftovers that have dimensions greater than those reported in that field will be selected;
- For raw materials that do not have a grain direction, leftovers will also be considered with the dimensions inverted;
- Following the previous example, width 350 and height 400, for raw materials with no vein direction, pieces with the size 350 x 400, and also 400 x 350 will be saved.
Consider the inverted dimensions for panel with a direction of vein:
- As explained in item 1. Minimum dimension (in millimeters) the behavior of saving leftovers for raw materials with no vein direction is different from raw materials with vein direction;
- For raw materials with no vein direction, each patch is evaluated, ignoring Width or Height. That is, items of 350 x 400 and 400 x 350 will be saved;
- Now, for items with vein direction, Width and Height are respected. If the minimum dimension to be considered is 350 x 400, pieces with vein direction only in the dimensions 350 x 400 will be considered;
- If you want this check to be ignored, and to consider the inverted measurements for parts with vein direction (350 x 400 and 400 x 350), just enable the option.
- Cut Pro: 18.104.22.168
When keeping this option selected and saving the leftovers, the view of the leftovers in the cut plane will only be white and with dimensions;
This type of leftover will not be considered for use in other plans and will not appear in the leftovers for later use, it will be merely visual.
Save and available for use
Improvement available from version:
- Cut Pro: 22.214.171.124
When keeping this option selected and saving the leftovers, the leftovers will be visualized with colors, dimensions, and hatches;These leftovers will be available for use in other plans and will be displayed on the plate register.
These are the panels that have leftovers in the cut plane that is open:
They are the leftovers;
Select / Deselect all
Allows the selection or deselection of all leftovers;
Save and Cancel
After defining the minimum dimension to be considered as a leftover, click Save changes, or click Cancel to cancel the changes made.
IMPORTANT: after saving the leftovers, if you return to the leftovers and scrap window, the saved leftovers from this plan will be displayed in another color, as shown below:
Identifying leftovers in the Cut Plan
The saved leftovers are drawn with a hash, the other pieces that were not saved, considered Scraps, are displayed in white color and without dimensions in the Cut Plan. Unlike the leftovers available only for viewing, which are white and with dimensions.
In the image below, the scrap can be seen along with the leftovers that are saved and available for use.
In this other image, the scrap can be seen along with the leftovers that are only available for viewing on the cut plane.
- Blank leftovers without dimensions: leftovers that have not been saved, Scraps;
- Blank leftovers with dimensions: leftovers saved for viewing only;
- Hashed leftovers: leftovers that have been saved for reuse in other projects.
IMPORTANT: the leftovers will be used in another project when the raw material for the leftovers is exactly the same as the raw material for the new project, that is, the same finish (white, for example), the same thickness, the same material (MDF, for example), even supplier and etc.
The leftovers that were saved are stored in the Panel Entries and are associated with the panels that gave rise to them.
Classification of Leftovers
To identify the leftover information, observe the indications in the images below:
Blue arrow icon
Indicates that the leftover was added automatically, in the Save Leftovers option of the Cut Plan.
IMPORTANT: For leftovers added automatically, it is possible to view the project of origin of the leftover. To do this, click with the right mouse button on the desired leftover, and then on the Open source leftover project.
Icon with green arrow
Indicates that the leftover was added manually, using the Add Leftovers option in the plate register.
Icon with a red arrow
Indicates that the leftover is being used in some cut plane.
It is also possible to perform actions through the buttons:
Add leftovers: add leftovers manually;
Remove leftovers: removes the leftover selected in the plate list;
Unbind leftover: unlink the leftover.