This article discusses the settings for integration with the Cut Rite cut optimizer, where the following topics are presented:
Plugin Cut Rite
To send files for cutting, through the Plugin Cut Rite, you need to make some settings:
1. Within Promob, go to Optimizer Configuration;
2. On the Settings tab, under Create first row with a header, define whether the file generated by the optimizer will display header;
3. In Measurement format, define the unit of measure to be considered;
4. In Use default project identifier, define whether the final file name will be default (3D_space_ClientName) or whether it will be considered a new defined name. Unchecking this option will enable the Project Identification setting:
5. In Project identification define the final name of the file through the screen Expression Editor;
- The Editor field allows you to manually enter information in addition to that selected in Customer Data and Project Data.
To configure label settings:
1. Within Promob, in Optimizers Configuration, access Labels;
2. If necessary, view the label settings information here;
1. Inside Promob, in Optimizer Configuration, go to File;
2. Add or remove fields from the information to be generated as needed;
- Use arrow keys and other options to configure;
Source Column: Displays the columns that are available for the user to add to the final file.
Target Column: Displays the columns that will be generated in the final file.
The Target columns can be edited, for that select with double-click the desired column, and then the Field Editor screen will be displayed. If necessary, access more information about file settings here.
Label Settings in Cut Rite (Homag)
Cut Rite setup to receive from Promob
IMPORTANT: The files available for download in this article are for example only, the label setup must be done by a specialized Cut Rite technician.
1. The *.csv file generated inside the Promob must be placed on the machine that contains the Cut Rite;
- The *.csv file is optimized and sent to the machine via pen-drive or network;
2. The images must be generated in the c:\bmp\ folder, on the saw machine's computer;
These images are generated in the indicated path, in a subfolder created by the design, and their name is composed with the Customer Data and Space. If the folder is not network-mapped, it is necessary to copy all the files from the c:\bmp\ folder and transfer them to the disconnector.
In the example, the assembly of the path with the words Jose and Maria left the name of the folder created by the user.
The path c:\bmp\ left the tag path change set to be fixed.
Example of Label:
The addinfo must be linked in Cut-Rite with the columns of the spreadsheet exported by Promob. To do this, in the parameters of the machine that contains the Cut-Rite, configure:
In Additional Info Boxes:
- Define the new addinfo (information sent by the spreadsheet that is placed on the label, the module used, drawing, programs), as well as the field name and size (number of characters).
In Parts Import Parameters:
- Select excel.csv;
- Bind the previously created addinfo with the corresponding column number from the *.csv file being exported.
To load a file into Cut-Rite you must:
- Select File – Open and after, select the type as excel *.csv;
- After that, select the *.csv file generated by Promob.
All materials with code, description, grain direction, and stock quantity information must be registered in Cut-Rite according to the Start codes. In this register, all the information regarding the direction of the shaft, cut, etc. is found.
Configuration in the software of the saw where the label layout is made
The addinfo comes from the file already imported into Cut-Rite at the office;
See promob2.80x100.lbl file here
Image type tag field:
- In this field, the addinfo receives from Cut-Rite the path of the image (BMP), through the spreadsheet generated in Promob.
Barcode Field Program1:
Barcode field Program 2:
Barcode design field: